UnitingSA’s COVID-19 Response Team met this afternoon to undertake a further review of our current Aged Care safety measures, in light of the latest SA Health advice.
We are greatly relieved that no new cases of COVID-19 were linked to the Parafield cluster yesterday. We also feel confident the Government has had sufficient time to identify any potential contacts linked to the Woodville High School case.
With this in mind, we are pleased to inform you that UnitingSA will be welcoming visitors back into our Aged Care homes from 10am tomorrow (Wednesday, 2 December 2020).
We will have additional precautions in place, including daily temperature checks of all residents, to ensure we are able to balance visitation with the continued safety of the elderly residents in our care.
In line with the latest State Government directive, upon arrival all visitors will be provided a disposable surgical mask, which must be worn at all times when on site. Please note, to meet required infection control standards, cloth masks are not permitted unless worn underneath a surgical mask.
In addition to the above, the following visitor guidelines will return across our sites:
- All visits must be pre-booked by phoning your aged care home during office hours.
- Residents can receive a maximum of one visit by up to two people per day.
- Visits must occur between 10am and 4pm daily, and within the allocated two-hour timeframe.
- All visitors must undergo COVID-19 screening on entry, including a temperature check.
- All visitors must provide evidence of flu vaccination and photo identification.
- Visits should occur in the resident’s room, outside or other specified area (not communal areas) and in accordance with the 1 person per 4 square metres density requirement.
- All visitors must practice hand hygiene prior to seeing their loved one.
Visitors are also reminded that if they are feeling even mildly unwell, we ask that they stay home to ensure the ongoing protection of residents and staff across our homes.
We sincerely look forward to reuniting our residents with their families and friends.