Seaton Aged Care was declared a COVID-19 outbreak site earlier today after an initial resident returned a positive test result.
We are in the process of undertaking Rapid Antigen Testing on all residents, with 10 COVID-positive cases identified so far. Families of COVID-positive residents are being notified directly.
All staff who have worked in the past 24 hours have also undergone COVID-19 testing, with one positive result recorded at this stage.
- Our Phase 3 Outbreak Management Plan is now in place, which means:
- Seaton Aged Care is closed to all visitors (this includes Partners in Care visits)
- Non-essential visits from external service providers are being postponed
- Residents are encouraged to remain in their room, with meal deliveries and regular wellbeing checks
- All staff are wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and, where possible, have been zoned to a specific area to reduce movement within our home
We are waiting on further advice from SA Health regarding our next steps.
Family members who would like to arrange a phone or video call with their loved one are encouraged to contact the Seaton Aged Care team on (08) 8268 7677.
Please note, there will be some exceptional circumstances, such as end-of-life care, where families will be supported to visit on an individual basis.
Thank you for your understanding as we work together with SA Health to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff.