We wish to provide you with a further update on the COVID-19 situation at Seaton Aged Care.
Since our update yesterday (Tuesday, 15 March 2022), all Rapid Antigen Testing of residents and staff has been completed, with no new COVID-19 cases detected.
The 10 residents who tested positive yesterday are undertaking PCR testing today and their families will be directly informed of the results. The staff member who tested positive remains in isolation at home.
As per the previous update, our Phase 3 Outbreak Management Plan remains in place. This means:
- Seaton Aged Care is closed to all visitors, including Partners in Care visits
- Non-essential visits from external service providers are being postponed
- Residents are encouraged to remain in their room, with meal deliveries and regular wellbeing checks
- All staff are wearing full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and, where possible, are working in zones to reduce movement within our home
In addition, the following precautions have now been implemented:
- All staff are undertaking Rapid Antigen Testing before commencing each shift
- COVID-positive residents have been moved to a special zone to reduce the risk of transmission
- Twice daily observations have been introduced for all residents to monitor for symptoms
Please note, there will be some exceptional circumstances, such as end-of-life care, where families will be supported to visit on an individual basis. This can be arranged by calling the home on (08) 8268 7677.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding as our team works to protect the health and safety of everyone in our care.