Employment and Education

How can we help?

The Employment and Education Housing (EEH) program supports Aboriginal residents with affordable accommodation if you are from remote South Australia and take up work, training or education in regional centres or Adelaide.

Who can we help?

To apply for this program you must:

  • Be an Aboriginal person from a remote South Australian community, including those in the cross border region
  • Have children enrolled in school, and the parent or guardian prepared to relocate and engage in work or study
  • Be on a learning or employment pathway or ready to take up further education, training or employment
  • Be receiving an independent income

Applications from regional non-remote Aboriginal residents are also considered on a case-by-case basis.

Contact us.


Our friendly staff are here Mon – Fri, 9am to 5pm to answer your questions or organise a referral.

Call us on (08) 8440 2110 or email homelessnessEEH@unitingsa.com.au.

Download a brochure here to find out more. 

How does it work?

Once you have a referral, a Transitional Support Officer from UnitingSA will assist you to move into Employment and Education Housing.

Accommodation is not long term, but generally available for the duration of your education, training or employment program. 

employment and education housing

Nobody can do everything but everyone can do something.

UnitingSA relies on the generosity of donors to help deliver innovative programs and support for people in need across metropolitan and regional South Australia.

“I would still be on the streets if it wasn’t for the support of UnitingSA. It means the world to me to have a house for my whole family and to be able to tuck my children in at night.”

Received support from Western Adelaide Homelessness Services

Call Now!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Information and updates on UnitingSA services. Find out more.
Back to Top